Kristin's Meet and Greet Online Answers
Good news, Glitterites! Kristin has emailed us the answers for the online questions she didn't have time for at the meetup. Check them out below!
--The GStaff
What do you order at Chili's?
I order the guiltless grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun. And chips and salsa and queso. And a coke.
If you could take your family anywhere in the world for a week where would you take them?
I'd love to take my entire family to Paris. The museums, the history , and of course The Paris Opera!
At what age did you decide to branch out from ballet and pursue jazz, tap, etc.?
I didn't branch out from ballet till college. I was a total bunhead till then.
If you are a mezzo soprano it is better to use soprano in auditions or mezzo that is easier to cast?
Always the best thing is to sing in the key-ish or "spirit" of the role you WANT!
What was the best thing about being in wicked?
During Wicked I knew we were creating something indelible, untouchable, and it was gonna be huge. But the people I worked with, especially the ensemble, that's who I really am thankful for. And I miss them!!
What insights did you gain from singing poetry instead of simply reading it silently on the page in written form?
In singing poetry, it feels like it's already music so why NOT sing it. We sing because we MUST. We can't speak anymore, so we sing!
Who wrote "boy" and does anyone else sing it?
A woman named Jodi Marr wrote that song and my friend and former Sony Classical exec gave it to me to give a listen. I knew right then, especially given the relationship I was just in that had ended, this song was for ME.
What is the celebrity secret to not getting deoderant on your clothes and getting those white marks?
Deodorant: there are NO tricks, trust me. I try to let it dry before gettin dressed. Just like everyone else!!!!! Hahahahaha
--The GStaff
What do you order at Chili's?
I order the guiltless grilled chicken sandwich on a wheat bun. And chips and salsa and queso. And a coke.
If you could take your family anywhere in the world for a week where would you take them?
I'd love to take my entire family to Paris. The museums, the history , and of course The Paris Opera!
At what age did you decide to branch out from ballet and pursue jazz, tap, etc.?
I didn't branch out from ballet till college. I was a total bunhead till then.
If you are a mezzo soprano it is better to use soprano in auditions or mezzo that is easier to cast?
Always the best thing is to sing in the key-ish or "spirit" of the role you WANT!
What was the best thing about being in wicked?
During Wicked I knew we were creating something indelible, untouchable, and it was gonna be huge. But the people I worked with, especially the ensemble, that's who I really am thankful for. And I miss them!!
What insights did you gain from singing poetry instead of simply reading it silently on the page in written form?
In singing poetry, it feels like it's already music so why NOT sing it. We sing because we MUST. We can't speak anymore, so we sing!
Who wrote "boy" and does anyone else sing it?
A woman named Jodi Marr wrote that song and my friend and former Sony Classical exec gave it to me to give a listen. I knew right then, especially given the relationship I was just in that had ended, this song was for ME.
What is the celebrity secret to not getting deoderant on your clothes and getting those white marks?
Deodorant: there are NO tricks, trust me. I try to let it dry before gettin dressed. Just like everyone else!!!!! Hahahahaha


5 Comments:
Kristin-
Your answers are ver interesting. By the way, I'm a HUGE fan of yours and I'm actually in musical theatre too. I love all of your work and I have the Wicked CD and You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown CD. (I collect Broadway CDs and currently have 19!) Anyways, I think you are amazing and you are one of my heroes. (I'm also reading your book right now and am loving it!)Someday, I want to be a huge Broadway star just like you. I love you and so do all of your other fans. Keep on keepin' on!
-Bway Queen
Hey! Well, I read your new book and loved it! You have come so far! You are truly amazing! I am totally in love with music and want to thank you for being my inspiration to keep moving forward.
Interesting Kristin! I think you are amazing! I am a HUGE fan of yours! I've seen almost all of your work and love all of it. I recently finished your book and loved it! Someday, I too want to be on Broadway and be a BIG star. I actualy am into musical theatre so I'm getting there! Anyways, we fans all love you and remember: keep on keepin' on! Check out my musical theatre blog at: bwayqueen.blogspot.com
heh... you can come to Paris whenever you want Kristin... I'll be happy to give you the tour (and some of the best restaurants ever... even better than chains ;)
Kristin!
I LOVE you work!
Wicked is my all time fav show and i love being in musicals! im an actress all around and i really want to grow up and be just like you!!!
<3 broadwaystar1ab
Post a Comment
<< Home